Top 5 Things to Do in Honolulu HI
Visitors travel to Honolulu for many different reasons-to enjoy the sunshine, to relax on the beach, or simply to get away from it all. But Oahu is more than just your typical vacation destination. Here we list our Top 5 Favorite Things to Do in Honolulu, in no particular order.
- Go surfing. If you’re a novice, take a lesson or just watch from Oahu’s North Shore as surfers brave the killer waves. From October to January, waves get up to 30 feet high.
- Head to the beach. It’s the easiest thing to do because all Hawaiian beaches are public. Swimming, snorkeling, or simply sunbathing are all awesome options.
- Retail therapy. Shopping is definitely in the cards in Hawaii. In addition to souvenirs Hawaiian shirts, there are stores like Macy’s and J. Crew. Ala Moana Shopping Center is a mall with name brands and local flavor.
- Boogie. Honolulu is known for it’s grooving nightlife. Head out to the dance clubs, bars, or concert venues for some live entertainment.
- Luau. What’s a trip to Hawaii without a luau? Hula girls and boys for the entertainment, and kalua pig and poi for dinner. It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss.