Tee off in Paradise
Oahu is a pacific island golf haven, with 9 military, 6 municipal, 20 private clubs and numerous tropical resort courses to choose from. The courses range from 9-hole courses, perfect for the novice player, to championship links hosting professional tournaments. The top Honolulu golf courses include:
- Ko Olina Golf Club – Ko Olina Golf Club is one of the top golf resort courses in the world with spectacular water features, challenging greens and an award winning golf shop.
- Turtle Bay Resort – Located on the north shore of Oahu, Turtle Bay Resort features 2, 18-hole golf courses designed by Arnold Palmer and George Fazio with amazing ocean views.
- Makaha Resort Golf Club – Named the best course on Oahu by the readers of Honolulu magazine, this challenging course is surrounded by volcanic walls and tropical palm trees.
- Olomana Golf Links – This Waimanalo golf course is on the opposite side of the island from Waikiki and offers the breathtaking views of the rugged Koolau mountain ridges.
- Hawaii Prince Golf Club – Hawaii Prince Golf Club is the only 27-hole course in Oahu and is located just forty minutes from Waikiki on the sunny Ewa plains.
The City of Honolulu operates and maintains six municipal golf courses including Ala Wai, Ewa Villages, Kahuku, Pali, Ted Makalena, and West Loch.